doxd Accreditation Standards represent standards for project accreditation. These standards are based on doxd’s determination of the attributes of a trustworthy project. They incorporate not only lawful business practices, but also doxd’s experiences with *ethical advertising*, selling and customer experiences. For a business to qualify, it must continually meet these standards. Not all projects qualify.
doxd charges a fee for accreditation. This fee supports doxd's efforts to fulfill its mission of advancing NFT marketplace trust. Accreditation fees are based on several factors, including the size of business.
To be accredited by doxd, a project affirms that it meets and will abide by the following standards:
1. Build Trust
Establish and maintain a positive track record in the marketplace.
- Be actively selling products or services for at least x months prior to application or have previously operated a similar business with an eligible business performance track record.
- Fulfill all competency and trade licensing requirements.
- Be free from government action that demonstrates a significant failure to support doxd ethical principles. Doxd evaluates the action and makes a determination on adherence to this standard based on the nature of the violation and the extent of harm it caused or is alleged to have caused, whether it was caused or condoned by management, and actions taken to resolve underlying issues that led to the government action.
2. Advertise Honestly
Follow established legal and ethical advertising and selling practices, including, but not limited to, the doxd Code of Advertising.
- Work with doxd and agree to modify, substantiate or discontinue advertising and selling practices when recommended.
- Use the doxd trademark and doxd affiliation statements under license and as outlined in usage policies then in effect.
3. Tell the Truth
Honestly represent products and services, including clear and prominent disclosures of all material terms.
- Be clear in all written and verbal representations and include all relevant facts in all transactions.
4. Be Transparent
Openly identify the nature, location, and ownership of the business, and clearly and prominently disclose all material facts that bear on a customer's decision to buy.
- Upon request, promptly provide doxd with all information requested to ensure adherence to doxd standards.
- Clearly and prominently provide to customers:
- direct and effective means to contact the business
- the business' return/refund policy
- any recurring commitment into which the customer may be entering, including automatic renewals, payments or other financial commitments.
- total cost of the transaction, including tax, shipping and handling, and other related charges prior to completion of the transaction
- any known delays or shortages of stock
- a receipt summarizing the transaction after the purchase
5. Honor Promises
Fulfill all contracts, commitments and representations.
6. Be Responsive
Address disputes forwarded by doxd quickly and in good faith.
- Provide a response to each complaint that:
- Is professional,
- addresses all significant issues raised by the complainant,
- includes appropriate evidence and documents supporting the business' position, and
- explains why any relief sought by the complainant cannot or should not be granted.
- Participate in mediation, arbitration or other dispute resolution services as requested by doxd.
- Honor any settlements, agreements or decisions reached as an outcome of a dispute resolution process.
- Cooperate with doxd in efforts to eliminate the underlying cause of patterns of customer complaints that are identified by doxd.
7. Safeguard Privacy
Protect any data collected against unauthorized disclosure and fraud, collect personal information only as needed, and respect the preferences of customers regarding the use of their information.
- Disclose handling practices for personal information, including but not limited to:
- what information is collected;
- how it is used;
- with whom it is shared;
- how it can be corrected;
- how it is secured;
- how policy changes will be communicated; and
- how to address concerns over misuse of personal data.
- Ensure sensitive data (credit card, bank account numbers, Social Security/Social Insurance number, salary or other personal financial or health information) is collected and transmitted via secure means. Businesses will comply with applicable legal requirements and industry standards for the protection and proper disposal of all sensitive data, both online and offline.
- Respect customer preferences regarding contact by telephone and e-mail, and remedy the underlying cause of any failure to do so.
8. Embody Integrity
Business Partners should demonstrate commitment to ethical practices in their business conduct and performance of services and production of products on behalf of doxd.
- Business Partners should share doxd’s commitment to maintaining a work place where people are treated with dignity and respect. In their work on behalf of doxd, Business Partners will follow all applicable wage, benefit, child labor, workplace safety, discrimination and labor laws. While we recognize and respect cultural differences, in their work on behalf of doxd, Business Partners will not engage in discrimination based on age, race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, citizenship status, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, domestic partner status or veteran status.
- Doxd depends on the trust and confidence of businesses, charities, consumers and donors. It is important that we avoid activities that create actual or perceived conflicts of interest. Doxd employees are not permitted to give or receive anything of value intended to influence a decision. Business Partners will not offer gifts that could be perceived to influence sound business judgment. doxd makes purchasing decisions based on the merit of Business Partners’ products and services, not on gifts, entertainment or other business courtesies.